Senin, 12 Desember 2011

Holiday Fun

Okay, first off, I found this picture off my computer hard drive. I’m cleaning up my hard drive right now, because we’re moving (again! 5th time in a year!) and turning over the reigns to running our small business to someone else. So I need to go through all of our stuff, and I found this picture that had some fun wreath ideas, if you’re looking for another one! (note, I’m not taking credit for these, this in the pre-Pinterest days, so I can’t credit whoever did this. How did we live?!?)

Wreaths

On another note, I did a really fun (huge) present for someone, that would be a great present, home addition, or something for you! (warning cell phone pictures…again!)

Gumdrop Pillow (1)

This is the gumdrop pillow. This one is the 24” size, but there is also an 18” size. It can be used as an ottoman or a pillow. I had fun with it, until I had to wrap it up!

Gumdrop Pillow (6)

So did my daughter! She’s a little princess all the time! This pattern is an Amy Butler pattern. I love her fabrics, and the patterns from her that I’ve seen have been awesome. This was super easy, and went together in about 1 1/2 hours. The only thing that took a little longer was getting the stuffing. I actually bought a couple of cheapy pillows at Wal-Mart and stuffed it with them.

Gumdrop Pillow (7)

I actually started with a sheet (twin size) that I got for a few dollars, and made the whole thing out of that.

Sheet

It was a really easy pattern, and not hard at all to put together. Clear and concise instructions. I mean, this is the way I had to sew it.

Sewing with baby

With a helper on my lap. Fun.

Gumdrop Pillow (3)

Would you like to make one? (or 10!) I contacted Amy Butler and told them I loved the pattern & pillow, and they sent me one to give to you!

I LOVE her fabrics, and of course, these are all made with her fabrics. Don’t they look so fun!? To go along with the gumdrop theme, I’ll also send you 2 handmade ornaments:

There will be the grand prize of the pattern & 2 ornaments, and then I’ll send a second person a set of 2 ornaments. Sound like fun?! (we’ll use a random generator from the comments to find out who wins!) To enter:

* Become a follower of our blog. If you’re already a follower, tell us in a comment.

* Tell your friends about it on Facebook, Twitter, or Blogland. Leave us a comment for each way you do it.

* Tell Amy Butler on Facebook thanks for giving us a pattern, and leave us a comment letting us know!

* And just for fun, tell us your favorite gumdrop flavor, if you’ve finished all of your shopping, decorating for Christmas, or what kind of things you want to see us tackle in the future! (one comment total)

Since we’re just hitting the double digits in followers, (and you have 6 chances total!) seems like there’s a pretty good chance for you to win! I’ll be back later today with another present idea post, but go ahead and enter!

We’ll end the giveaway Thursday, 8 PM MST, and then announce the winners on Friday with our Fab 5 post! Good luck!

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar