Minggu, 07 Agustus 2011

Reactions to Homeschooling








"You're homeschooling?!"




"Oh my gosh, you're taking your kids out of school?


I can't believe that!"



"Homeschooled children just don't do well in society.

I'm just telling you this because I'm concerned."



"What about socialization?  


Their social skills will be lacking!"



"How do you know that you can teach your own children?"




"Oh wow! That's great,


but let me tell you about such-and-such  


and the horrible experience she had and


why she just couldn't homeschool any more."



"So you mean you'll be with your kids all day long?"




"I mean, if that's what you want to choose,


 I'll support you."



"As an educator, I seriously would not

 recommend homeschooling.

Your kids attend a great school."



I am well aware that what I've shared is certainly nothing new among homeschooling families. It happens all the time, right? All of you "veteran" homeschoolers out there told me that this would happen, so I was well-prepared!! Even so, I find it interesting and quite amazing that those who are unfamiliar with homeschooling have the same types of responses.



Now, I must say, that I have received great support and encouragement along the way. Not everyone responds in utter shock and disbelief and I am glad about that!



Welcome to homeschooling, huh? :)

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar