Selasa, 17 Mei 2011

Laundry Day



Today it's cool outside, cloudy and rainy. *SIGH* Blah, blah, blah! The big thing on my "to-do" list today: Laundry. Good ol' laundry. All this laundry to wash, dry, fold, and put away. *SIGH*



But should I *SIGH* or cheer? Cheer?! Over laundry?! The dirty, smelly, laundry?!



YES--ABSOLUTELY!!! Why?



Because in the midst of those piles of stinky clothes, I am reminded that my family has clothes to wear each and every day. I am reminded that I can walk all the way downstairs (sarcasm) to my own laundry room to do my laundry. I am reminded of fun times: grass stains from kids playing outside, smudges of BBQ sauce from a family cookout, and even sweat stains from a hard-working Husband.



I am reminded that I should count each and every one of my blessings, no matter how small or insignificant they may be. As an old song says, "Everything that happened to me that was good, God did it!"



So yes, I will cheer, and offer praise to the Most High for all of my laundry because I know that I am blessed and I now feel thankful. How was I moved from a place of negativity and moodiness to one of gratefulness and contentment?



Meet my inspiration. . .




My 3 yr. old son relaxing. . . .






. . . and playing in the dirty laundry!!



As soon as I told him that I had to do the laundry, he immediately said, "Mommy, I can help you!" I said okay. So, he helped me dump the clothes to the bottom of the stairs. Then, he raced downstairs, and jumped in the the pile of clothes to pretend "he was stuck in the mud." He laughed and rolled and played and made all those 3 year old boy sounds (you know the ones, like he's a super hero defeating all the mud monsters)! Suddenly, laundry became an adventure, something to laugh and smile about.



So my moodiness gave way to thanksgiving. Thank God for laundry day.

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar