The first part of this year (way back in January--seems like so long ago!) was spent reorganizing and re-purposing things in my home. Husband initiated this process by moving some old furniture around and getting some new pieces to help us organize things a little better. So, I began to look around at all the little, smaller places of clutter in our home.
My solution?? Baskets and boxes!
I know this is nothing new and is quite a simple solution. But, when the little things have a "spot" it makes a big difference.
One day, my sweet neighbor came knocking at my door with a couple sets of nesting baskets, lined in a cloth of blue. She said she was going to throw them out, but wondered if I could use them for anything. Of course I could!!! I gave her a big thank you hug and got to work! Here are few of the smaller baskets.
![]() |
| A basket for the children's computer games. |
![]() |
| A basket for the Wii Remotes and a few games as well. |
![]() |
| This basket was initially part of a wedding shower gift set of lotion, soap and candles. Now, it holds music CDs. |
Another idea was photo storage boxes. My local craft store had them on sale, 5 for $10. I use them on my kitchen counter where paper and other odds and end tend to collect. I have one for myself for my coupon clippings and other miscellaneous papers. I also used one for each of my daughters to store their important papers from school.
![]() |
| These are the girls' boxes. . . pretty patterns! |
![]() |
| Each box can be labeled as well. |
I also had to attack my laundry room shelves. . .yes, attack! They were just out of order. Many times, I have the thinking that, "It's just the laundry room; who cares?!" But the reality is that I spend a lot of my time in the laundry room, which also doubles as a pantry area for my family. Why not be more dilligent? Anyway, here's the before and after of the shelves above the washer and dryer.
![]() |
| Yes, Sisters! I know. . .there are no words. But it was the reality. |
![]() |
| Now, I am doing much better! |
These are a couple of ways we've tackled clutter spots. What are some other ways I can keep organized? If anyone has some tips, please feel free to share them!!!







0 komentar:
Posting Komentar