Senin, 24 Januari 2011

Who--Me?



Let me start by saying that this was most unexpected, but I was pleasantly surprised. Jen at Adventures in Unsell Land! gave me a blog award:










I am appreciative of her thoughtfulness--so a big, heartfelt "Thank you!" goes to Jen for sending some

cheer my way! **[[Inserted 01/26/11]]** I was also given the above award, along with the one below, by Heather at The Blessings Pour Out. I am appreciative of her thoughtfulness. I am grateful--to God be the glory!! So another big "Thank you!" goes to Heather as well.





What I like about this award these awards is that I get to share my gratitude with you. They come with the following "rules". . .


  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award

  2. Share 7 things about yourself

  3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers

  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award


So here we go. . .



Seven things about myself:


  1. My favorite color is PURPLE!! Just about any shade will do. My bridesmaid's dresses were lilac (sorry, Ladies! I thought you all looked gorgeous!)

  2. I really like to CROCHET and I will be sharing some of my projects with you all in the future. It's sort of a family craft. My late GrandMommy used to crochet; we made a doll blanket once and I still have it. Also, my Auntie and my Mother-in-law are both great at the craft.

  3. To "piggy-back"off of #2, my Mother-in-law can also KNIT really well. One day, I hope to learn how to knit as well as she does. There seems to be so much more you can make by knitting versus crocheting.

  4. I love, love, love to SING. My children will tell you, "Mommy sings ALL the time!" (Hope you like it, kids! :) It's my instrument of praise.

  5. I enjoy READING. I have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember. My parents used to joke with me about reading while doing other things, like eating or watching TV. (Hey, who says you can't get a few pages in during the commercials?!) I firmly believe that the book is always better than the movie!

  6. I've recently gained a passion for my NATURAL HAIR. For so long, I relaxed it (straightening it) because, in a nutshell, I felt that was most acceptable. But, what I found is that God makes no mistakes and my hair is coily because that is how God made it--period. Why shouldn't I accept that? So, I have and I am blessed in many ways by simply accepting a part of me that God made. I hope to be an example to my daughters in being confident in the features God has blessed them with.

  7. I have THREE DOGS--thanks to Husband and my children. If it were my choice, I think one would do! They are all miniature Schnauzers, one gray (Biscuit), one white (Meridius) and one black (Wimbley). Funny names, but so fitting for their personalities!



So, next up is to share this award with others--these blog sites are listed in no certain order. Each blog below has touched my heart in some way, or has offered great information for my home life as a wife and mom, or has challenged me to try to live better for the Lord. I'm grateful to have come in contact with such wonderful Ladies and I hope you enjoy their blogs as well.


  1. From Snowflakes to Hotcakes, With Bits of Grace

  2. The Midlife Housewife

  3. Along the Narrow Pathway

  4. Willing Hearts-Busy Hands

  5. A Domestic Queen, Enjoying Life in Her Humble Castle

  6. A Homemaker's Heart

  7. God... it's me, Gertha!!

  8. The Blessings Pour Out

  9. WildCrickets

  10. I Live in an Antbed

  11. Just Peachy in Dixie

  12. Views from the Farmstead

  13. Inspired Moments in Time 

  14. A Glimpse of Our Life

  15. Buildeth Her House


Okay!! That was a lot of work--but definitely worth it. I hope you've enjoyed learning a few more things about me. Even more, I hope you enjoy visiting, supporting and encouraging these other Ladies on this blogging journey of ours!



God bless!!



**Please know that I understand, not everyone likes blog awards. My intent is not to offend but to let you know your words are appreciated. Also, if you choose not to participate in the "rules" of the award, I am okay with that too!**

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar