![]() |
| Merry Christmas! |
Oh my, how my family was not yet ready to greet this day! For about 2 weeks, we all have spent every single day together. My daughters are not home schooled (not yet anyway--preparations are underway, more to come on that later!! :) and they were on Christmas break. Husband also took some vacation time off and so my boy and I had the whole family home with us!! There we were, just getting in an extra dose of family love during the Holidays.
![]() |
| TM and I making cinnamon Christmas ornaments. |
We took a break from our normal routines and really stopped to enjoy the season and each other. We had a wonderful Christmas day. The kids played and played and played. If there was a movie on that Husband wanted to see, I just plopped right down on the couch and watched with him, even if there was just one more load of laundry to do. When we wanted a pajama day, we had one. It felt really good to take a break!!
![]() |
| Grandparents gave them gift cards to McDonald's. |
As our time drew to near, each of us voiced our lament. We had a good time and just didn't want it to see it end. I also think that there is such an anticipation for the Christmas holiday that it feels like it comes and goes all too quickly. Husband and I discussed some different ideas for celebrating for next year. I would like to have a Jesse Tree, as the kid's and I have been reading the book during the Advent season. {The Jesse Tree by Geraldine McCaughrean} Husband and I thought about "The 12 Days of Christmas" and maybe stretching our celebration a bit longer, but neither of us is sure about the history behind that (seems like a little research is in order, huh?). We also really liked the New Year's eve count down that I saw HERE, posted by Jen @ Adventures in Unsell Land.
![]() |
| "Look, Mommy! Daddy showed me how to hold my new sword!" |
At any rate, the Holidays have passed and THE DAY has come. Husband is back at work--Thank you Lord for providing for us. I took my precious girls to school--Thank you Lord that You've shown us a different plan. The boy and I have resumed our routine at home--Thank you Lord that I have a home to look after.
![]() |
| JR in a blanket! |
Although I had some misgivings and a feeling of dread about this "back-to-the-routine Monday," I am encouraged. The Lord has whispered some promises in my heart today and I am encouraged (I've been reading Psalm 19). There are some changes to be made and some things to overcome, but I am encouraged. Routines themselves aren't bad and are actually quite productive. I must remember to do things as unto the Lord.





0 komentar:
Posting Komentar