Senin, 27 Desember 2010

Mom's Banana Nut Bread

This is the recipe for my Mommy's Banana Nut Bread that I promised so long ago. (Yes, I got her permission first before posting this--thanks Mom!!) I make this bread just about every month. It is simple and delicious and makes the house smell tasty. Usually, I make it without the nuts, and it's still just as good.


     


    


    Bananas begging once again

    to become banana bread!



    



Ingredients:


3 ripe bananas


1 C sugar


1/2 C butter


1 tsp baking soda


1 Tbsp water


1 tsp baking powder


1 tsp salt


2 C flour


2 eggs


1 C chopped walnuts










Directions:



Mash bananas and sugar together and let stand for 15 minutes.





Add in the butter. Dissolve the baking soda in the water, then add to the banana mixture.





In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together, then add to banana mixture.





Add the eggs and nutmeat. Stir just enough to mix.





Pour into a greased loaf pan and let stand for 15 minutes.





Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).










Just baked last night!






You can enjoy a slice for breakfast with your favorite tea. . . or as a snack with a little eggnog (no worries--alcohol-free!)


{Thanks to Husband for picking up such yummy eggnog the other day!}






Let me know if you ever give this a try. . .or if you have other recipes for bread you'd like to share!!!


 




 

{This post is linked HERE at RaisingHomemakers}

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar