Last week, was slow going, as I was a bit under the weather.
However, I lit my candle each day and prayed for peace in my home. I will continue to do this each day for the rest of the month--it works for me. I also posted my Scripture for the month (I Peter 5:7) as a reminder during stressful moments.
I did a little bit of Christmas shopping and I must say that it was quite enjoyable and quite peaceful, without the hectic, shopping you-have-to-buy-everything-you-see-because-it's-Christmas feeling. I took my time, stayed within budget, bought intentionally not frivolously, and went home when I began to feel tired.
Moving on to this week's challenge. . .Bibles and Bubbles!!!!
The task for the week is to schedule one evening to relax in a nice, warm bubble bath!! This task is meant to SLOW US DOWN (as we all know too well the brisk 5-7 minute shower, that isn't always garaunteed)! As wives and mothers, there is always some glorious task that needs to be done and we have our schedules and routines and to-do lists swirling around in our heads. These things tend to be magnified during the Christmas season.
But, every now and then, we need a quiet, peaceful, relaxing moment. Not so we can be lazy or "eat the bread of idleness," but so that we can hear from God, so that we can be renewed and re-energized from on High. It is such an honor to care for my Husband, my children and my home, so I must do well to care for myself and keep my mind, body and spirit healthy. Rest is part of that equation!!! SO.......
This will be no ordinary bubble bath--here's what you'll need:
- Privacy--no interruptions; let your husband know your intent and put the kiddo's to bed. No phone calls, either!
- Hot water with lots and lots of bubbles (maybe some scented ones)!
- Soft music and maybe a candle.
- Hand towel, rolled up, to be used as a pillow.
- Something cool to drink.
- The Bible: read Matthew 1-2 and Luke 1-2 about the birth of Jesus.
Spend some quiet time, alone, one-on-one with our Heavenly Father, giving yourself 25-30 minutes of peace. He is the ultimate Peace Giver.
![]() |
| {This post is linked HERE at WomenLivingWell and HERE at RaisingHomemakers} |
"Of the greatness of His government and peace there will be no end. . ." -Isaiah 9:7

0 komentar:
Posting Komentar