Minggu, 10 Oktober 2010

Making Pumpkins--Craft


Here's a cute craft idea that I found here from the "Happy Little Homemaker" blog. It is so easy and is fun to make. The materials the girls and I used are just slightly different from the original craft, but worked just fine.












Materials:


  • roll of toilet paper (pumpkin)

  • twig from the yard (pumpkin stem)

  • orange fabric pieces (18 in x 22 in)

  • grocery store ads/flyers

  • scotch tape

  • scissors

  • fake leaves (optional)


  • green ribbon


Instructions:


  1. Roll up a piece of the store ad and tape (vertically) to the roll of toilet paper--gives it a pumpkin shape (see pic above). You'll need about 7 pieces, depends on the size of the toilet paper roll.

  2. Set the toilet paper in the middle of the wrong side of the fabric; bring fabric up around the toilet paper and stuff excess fabric in the middle of the roll.

  3. Insert the stem in the middle, add leaf and ribbon, and you're finished!




Tips:




  • We painted our twigs green (just one coat) to add a hint of green color (optional)

  • The original craft calls for raffia, which we didn't have, so we used green ribbon instead.

  • I found fabric pieces at Wal-Mart for $1 each in different color patterns 

  • This craft can double as Autumn decor for your home


I hope you give it a try. I thought it was clever and inexpensive. Enjoy!








{{Pictures Below}}










SJ Likes Her Pumpkin






TM Showing Mommy a Little Love!









The Girls' Pumpkins









Entry Table

 




Wood Stove

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar